DOOM (Vulkan) + lavapipe

For the fun of it I decided to run some real apps on lavapipe.

Talos Principle is still rando crashing on startup, occasionally whatever magic value ends up being right in uninit memory and it suddenly runs fine.

I started Rise of the Tomb Raider, and it renders really slowly up to the menu.

Then I gave DOOM 2016 with the Vulkan renderer a go, and with a few lavapipe hacks to enable some feature bits, I managed to get it to load a game image. It's taking 5-6s per frame to render. However most of the slowness in the frame is the BPTC texture loading which is a path that I've done no tuning for so it definitely running very slowly. I think RoTR is also hitting that slow path so I guess I've some incentive to look at cleaning it up.

 


Comments

  1. useful no, interesting yes, I know this doesn't scale but it would be fun to see this running on a 128 threadripper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fedora 38 LLVM vs Team Fortress 2 (TF2)

tinygrad + rusticl + aco: why not?

nvk: the kernel changes needed