llvmpipe is OpenGL 4.5 conformant.

(I just sent the below email to mesa3d developer list).

Just to let everyone know, a month ago I submitted the 20.2 llvmpipe
driver for OpenGL 4.5 conformance under the SPI/X.org umbrella, and it
is now official[1].

Thanks to everyone who helped me drive this forward, and to all the
contributors both to llvmpipe and the general Mesa stack that enabled
this.

Big shout out to Roland Scheidegger for helping review the mountain of
patches I produced in this effort.

My next plans involved submitting lavapipe for Vulkan 1.0, it's at 99%
or so CTS, but there are line drawing, sampler accuracy and some snorm
blending failure I have to work out.
I also ran the OpenCL 3.0 conformance suite against clover/llvmpipe
yesterday and have some vague hopes of driving that to some sort of
completion.

(for GL 4.6 only texture anisotropy is really missing, I've got
patches for SPIR-V support, in case someone was feeling adventurous).

Dave.

[1] https://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters/conformant-products/opengl#submission_272

Comments

  1. I installed mesa 20.2.0 in my Linux server: meson setup builddir -Dosmesa=gallium -Dgallium-drivers=swrast,swr -Dvulkan-drivers=[] ninja -C builddir install And I want to run OpenGL compute shader in CPU, but it seems that the OpenGL version is 3.1, compute shader is not support. Dose the llvmpipe supports compute shader? And how can I to use it to run compute shader?

    Other information:
    1. I query the OpenGL version using glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION, &version_major_);glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION, &version_minor_); And what I got is 3.1
    2. the glGetString(GL_RENDERER) returns: llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0.1, 256 bits)
    3. glGetString(GL_VENDOR) returns: vendor: Mesa/X.org
    4. the glCreateShader(GL_COMPUTE_SHADER) cause OpenGL error, the OpenGL error code is 0x500 and got error message:
    Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glCreateShader(GL_COMPUTE_SHADER)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fedora 38 LLVM vs Team Fortress 2 (TF2)

tinygrad + rusticl + aco: why not?

nvk: the kernel changes needed